Wednesday, September 19, 2007

For Wallu's Songbook


The finalists of the comics competition were all at this dinner. It was cool to sit at the same table and chat with finnish comic's big names such as Wallu, Tarmo Koivisto and Petri Hiltunen. Wallu brought these great two books that he's had for quite some time now. They are his "songbooks" were he has asked people, mainly comics artist to draw a song or a tune. He asked us all to draw something in them. But as I got more concentrated in eating and chatting away with mr. Koivisto I didn't get anything drawn in neither of the books. So Wallu kindly said that I should just take one with me, draw a pic and return it to him! So I hesitated to hold on to this book that is somewhat valuable with it's artworks from different artist but also I bet loaded with sentimental and cultural gravitas.

So today I finally sat down and drew something. I decided to draw without sketching as had most of the others. After all it was about music which in itself is spontaneous! I just had to scan it to keep as a memory for myself. It was really cool to get into the same covers as the many of the finnish comic veterans and the likes of Don Rosa, Mort Walker, Gilbert Shelton, Moebius... :))

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous20/9/07 17:59

    awesome shit!!

    MR

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kannatti sitten raahata kirja kotiin - hemmetin hieno kuva! Törmäsin tähän sun blogiin Kvaakissa, jossa oli näköjään munkin blogiin linkki. Hyvän näköstä kamaa ja on kiva nähdä luonnoksiakin siitä sun sarjakuvasta.

    Nähdään krokiissa! (sori, en jaksanu enkuksi)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tere Samuli!
    Kiitoksia, juu eihän tuossa sinänsä mennyt paljoo aikaa mutta siellä oli pää tyhjä sil hetkel kaikesta muusta :) ja sit loppu aika joten hieno juttu että sain kirjan lainaan.

    Kävinkin jo katselemassa kanssa sun blogissa kun siihen kvaakis törmäsin ja nyt taas pyörähdin siellä(kirjanmerkkeihin meni!). Nuo vesivärit olivat mainioita.

    ReplyDelete