Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Machine Bliss


This is actually a kind of a new thing in this blog. The normal stuff that I've thrown around has been doodles, old stuff etc.

Picture's name is "Tollous" which translates roughly "stupidness of a jolly kind" :) I did it as an entry to a competition where the brief was to illustrate a poem by Arja Tiainen. The title was "Rakkaus koneisiin" = "The Love for Machines". I went the feeling route on illustrating it to avoid the word to word -type of illustration. It's still in the same universe as the poem :)

I didn't win any prizes but I was happy the get something done for a change and I got to be part of the classy exhibition surrounding the competition. The exhibition is open at the Art Museum of Mikkeli until the 21st of October so if you happen to be near the city, I recommend that you check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment