Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Squeeky lifedrawings

The life drawing sessions at Taidehalli started again. Was it the beer in my belly or the sunshine crusted arms of mine after the summer but drawing seemed a bit clunky...

Anyway I was trying to "switch my mental gears" several times during the session. That resulted in quite different looking drawings of the same model (of course the emount of time/pose affects too).

Sometimes I took the more stylized or trying to instill more interpretation. Sometimes I just wanted to take the essential pose and exaggerate that, not worrying about anatomy too much ad even cheating a bit on the direction of the pose.

I feel this kind of switching of "mental gears" is kinda refreshing, a learning curve and hopefully helpful in improving my craft.




No comments:

Post a Comment